Summer Reading 2019 for adults
We didn’t want the kids to have all the fun this year, so we are again offering an adult summer reading program! It’s free and you can win all sorts of goodies from a variety of local (and even some not-so-local) businesses. And you’ll get a free gift just for registering! (while supplies last).
Who is it for?
Adult summer reading is open to patrons of the Red Wing Public Library who have an active library card in good standing.
How does it work?
- Come into the library or register online (see form below).
- Registration begins on Tuesday, May 28. Register by June 15 to be entered in the SRP Kick-Off giveaway.
- Starting on June 10, each time you return a book or audiobook that you have read you will receive a ticket for each book. The more you read the more chances you have to win!
- You also can get tickets for eBooks checked out from the SELCO’s Overdrive collection and from the Rochester Public Library Overdrive collection (your own eBooks and those checked out from other libraries don’t count). After reading your eBook, just fill out and submit our eBook entry slip.
- You also get credit for any short stories, novellas and/or novels you read that are on one of our Kindles. There are hundreds of books on our Kindles – plenty for any summer vacation! Just tell us what you read when you return the Kindle to the desk.
- Tickets will be entered into a drawing for the possibility of winning one of the many incentives donated by our community partners.
How long does the program run?
The program begins on Monday, June 10 and ends on Wednesday, July 31 at 7:00 PM. The drawing for incentives will take place on Thursday, August 1st.
What can you win?
Anyone registered for the Adult Summer Reading program by June 10 will be entered into the Adult Summer Reading Kick Off Giveaway.
Accommodations (signed interpreter, wheelchair access, listening devices) can be made.
Call the library 651-385-3673 v/tdd, 7 days prior to need.
All programs are free and open to the public.
All events take place at the Library unless otherwise indicated.