Summer Reading 2018 for adults
We didn’t want the kids to have all the fun this year, so we are again offering an adult summer reading program! It’s free and you can win all sorts of goodies from a variety of local (and even some not-so-local) businesses. And you’ll get a free book bag of your choice just for registering! (while supplies last).
Who is it for?
Adult summer reading is open to patrons of the Red Wing Public Library who have an active library card in good standing.
How does it work?
- Come into the library or register online (see form below).
- Registration begins on Monday, May 21. Register by June 9 to be entered in the SRP Kick-Off giveaway.
- Each time you return a book or audiobook that you have read you will receive a ticket for each book. The more you read the more chances you have to win!
- You also can get tickets for eBooks checked out from the SELCO’s Overdrive collection (your own eBooks and those checked out from other libraries don’t count). After reading your eBook, just fill out and submit our eBook entry slip.
- You also get credit for any short stories, novellas and/or novels you read that are on one of our Kindles. There are hundreds of books on our Kindles – plenty for any summer vacation! Just tell us what you read when you return the Kindle to the desk.
- Tickets will be entered into a drawing for the possibility of winning one of the many incentives donated by our community partners.
How long does the program run?
The program begins on Monday, June 4 and ends on Tuesday, July 31 at 7:00 PM. The drawing for incentives will take place on Wednesday, August 1st.
What can you win?
Anyone registered for the Adult Summer Reading program by June 9 will be entered into the Adult Summer Reading Kick Off Giveaway.
Up for grabs in this initial giveaway are:
Five (5) $20 gift certificates from Rush River Produce
Treasure Island Spirit of the Water Dinner Cruise for 2
Villa Bellezza Wine Experience for 2
Autographed copy of The Northern Gardener: From Apples to Zinnias by Mary Lahr Schier.
Incentives for the Wednesday, August 1 Drawing.
Accommodations (signed interpreter, wheelchair access, listening devices) can be made.
Call the library 651-385-3673 v/tdd, 7 days prior to need.
All programs are free and open to the public.
All events take place at the Library unless otherwise indicated.