Important note: In order to control usage and thus the costs of our online resources, only the following people are eligible to use the online application:
1) Residents of Goodhue County (no fee required); and
2) Non-Minnesota residents who are purchasing an annual card from us ($40).
Minnesota residents from outside Goodhue County are not eligible to purchase a card from us. Instead, they must obtain a card from their home system and then physically come to our library to add, for free, their local Minnesota library card to our system.,
Children ages 13 and under need parental permission before we will issue them a library card. If you are the parent or guardian of one or more children ages 17 and under and would like to get them library cards along with yours, you may use the online form below. If they live with you, fill out the form below with your information, including a picture of your photo ID and proof of address, and enter the name(s) and birth date(s) of your child(ren) in the form. Children ages 14-17 may use the form below on their own behalf.
1. Please read about who qualifies for free library checkout and in library Internet service
2. Fill out the online application below OR print out and complete the Library card application.
3. Select a piece of acceptable current identification.
4. If you did not submit the copy of your photo ID and/or proof of address online, please mail them to or drop them off at the library.
5. If you are not a Minnesota resident, see information on Non-resident Cards
For more information, contact the Service Desk: (651) 385-3673, v/tdd.
Minnesota residents or anyone who owns or rents property in Minnesota may receive a free library card. People who live in Minnesota but outside the SELCO region are requested to provide a valid library card from the county or city of residence. Children 13 years old and younger require parent or guardian information as given.
To register for a library card you will need a photo ID (drivers license, state ID card, passport or student ID) and proof of your current address. We accept the following as proof of current address:
- Checkbook with address
- Postmarked bill or letter
- Rental or lease agreement or receipt
- Property tax statement
If you do not quality for a free library card, you may purchase a non-resident card.
- One-year card: $40.00
- Six-month card: $20.00
- Three-month card: $10.00
For the convenience of tourists and visitors to the area, the library also offers the following temporary cards, available upon request:
- A free one-day courtesy Internet card
- One month card: $5.00