Thanks to generous grants from The Carl & Verna Schmidt Foundation of Rochester and The Jones Family Foundation of Red Wing, the library is able to offer a variety of technology classes. All classes require registration and unless otherwise noted, please call 651-385-3645 to register.
- Tuesday, March 21, 1-3pm: Introduction to Google Photos
- This course is an introduction to the fun and useful Google Photos app. You will learn how to download and install the app on your PC and mobile device, create and share albums, edit photos, use the fun things Assistant creates for you and more.
- Tuesday, April 11, 1-3pm (part 1) & Thursday, April 13, 2-4pm (part 2): iPad for Beginners (iOS 10)
- In this class designed for people new to the iPad, you’ll learn the physical layout of buttons and features, how to navigate Home screens and apps using finger gestures, how to connect to the Internet, how to charge and care for your iPad and how to use some of the basic apps that come with the iPad We’ll also explore the App Store and take a look at important settings you need to know. Don’t have an iPad? No problem! We have some iPad Airs that you can use for the class.
- Tuesday, April 25, 1-3pm (part 1) & Thursday, April 27, 2-4pm (part 2): Introduction to Windows 10
- In this class you’ll learn about the Windows 10 interface, how to create and use Microsoft accounts, how to connect to Wi-Fi networks, how to enable and personalize Cortana, how to navigate and customize the desktop and the new Windows 10 Start menu, how to download, install and use apps from the Windows Store, how to use OneDrive to save files to the cloud, and more!. Feel free to bring your own device or use one of our Windows 10 laptops.