Friends of the Library coordinate two or more used book sales a year. The next sale will be held on Thursday, March 24 from 10am to 5pm, Friday March 25 from 10am to 5pm, with a $2 bag sale on Saturday, March 26 from 10am to 12pm.
There will be an FOL Member pre-sale on Wednesday, March 23 from 1pm to 5pm.
Book sales will be held downstairs at the Red Wing Public Library, 225 East Avenue, Red Wing, MN 55066.
Donations are sorted continuously, except as noted above. These are the kind of items to donate:
- Gently used adult and children’s fiction, including best sellers as well as classics
- Once-read paperbacks, CDs and DVDs in playable condition. We do not accept VHS cassettes or audiocassettes.
- Non-fiction books (business, government, self-help no more than 2 years out of print)
- “Coffee table” books, cookbooks and poetry, books on gardening and hobbies
- Magazines: (All are welcomed except “time sensitive” and medical magazines such as Newsweek, Time, New England Journal of Medicine, etc.)
Please help the library by pre-sorting your donations.
Musty, torn, or moldy books are not accepted.
Bring your used books through the Third Street entry of the library to the Staff Workroom during the library’s open hours.
If you have a larger collection to donate, or have other questions about donations, please contact Judie Bowes at 651-380-9619. If you have items to donate directly to the library for our collection, please go to the Service Desk.