Thanks to generous grants from The Carl & Verna Schmidt Foundation of Rochester and The Jones Family Foundation of Red Wing, the library is able to offer a variety of technology classes. All classes require registration and unless otherwise noted, please call 651-385-3645 to register. Here’s a list of what’s coming up (unless otherwise noted, all classes are at the library):
- Tuesday, August 12 (part 1) & Friday, August 15 (part 2), 1:00-3:00pm: iPad for Beginners
- In this class designed for people new to the iPad, you’ll learn the physical layout of buttons and features, how to navigate Home screens and apps using finger gestures, how to connect to the Internet, how to charge and care for your iPad and how to use some of the basic apps that come with the iPad We’ll also explore the App Store and take a look at important settings you need to know. Don’t have an iPad? No problem! We have 10 iPad Airs that you can use for the class.
- Thursday, August 21, 2:00-3:30pm: Skype video calling
- Learn how to use Skype to place free voice and video calls over the Internet.
- Tuesday, August 26, 12:30-2:30 pm: Beginners’ Guide to the Cloud.
- In this class we’ll discuss what the cloud is, look at some popular cloud services for file storage and backup and talk about some of the most popular entertainment options in the cloud.